Friday 10 October 2008

White space overkill?

I took a little surf around some of the digi blogs tonight. I haven't done this for a while and I was a little dissappointed. Most of them had no LO's on them but were only advertising kits for sale, and those that did have LO's tended to go for the very minimalist look - with a tiny photo stuck up in a corner and a few elements placed around it, leaving the rest of the page full of white space.

Don't get me wrong. I think white space is very difficult to do and even harder to get right. But I saw one LO with a tiny tiny photo in the top rh corner of a 12x12 LO - not at all in eye line and so small and insignificant I could hardly see it.

And although these LO's are probably wonderful works of art, I feel they are getting away from the whole point of scrapbooking .. the photo!

However not one to critisis something I havent tried myself, I have had my own go, and while I was at it, try out the technique from Weeds and Wildflowers. The blog there has started giving photoshop and digi tuts every tuesday and this week it was text around a shape.


Background paper and elements all from Carrie Stephens Spontaneous delight kit.

(Oh and can you spot the typo? I stupidly didnt save as a photoshop file so I cant amend it so will have to live with it!)

No comments: