Friday, 5 September 2008

Not strictly a scrappy layout.

Oh dear, off the pathway already, I intended to make this a scrapping layouts only blog, but this week I was tempted off the straight and narrow by an amazing little bargin in Asda.

When it was all the rage to alter lunch boxes, in a moment of madness I bought 4 of the ones in Asda for the mega bargin that they were at the time. No idea why, or what I was going to do with them.

I covered one and filled with with a mini album of shared holidays with my bessie mate and her husband, giving it to her for christmas. One I decorated to keep all my distressing scrappy stuff in, a-la-Tim Holtz and one I used to store my most precious recipe cards in.
Trouble was the recipe cards, made on A5, had to lay flat to fit in the box, and were not easily accessible. So they got hidden away and never used. Plus I had used one of those colussus paper packs and soon decided I didnt like it.

Back to this weeks Asda bargin. This little accordian file box was only £2 and as soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect for those recipe cards!
When I got it home I placed it on the scanner and scanned it in to make my own paper, with an exact match to the outside. Then I set about pulling all the previously made cards apart and making a new set.

Cupcake bazille (this cuts into 2 lots of A5 and a strip left for matting

Light pink card from local card shop
Home made scanned in paper ( I later found out that the remains of my KI Memories Holiday collection Joyful skinny stripe matched perfectly also)

Heidi Swap chipboard flowers
TLC chipboard frames
Button Up cooking buttons

Prima Got You flowers

Beads/small sticky jewels.

I used kristen font to type the recipes into word boxes, double framing them and printing out onto ordinary printing paper. These I matted.

Having cut the cardstock into A5 I simply covered them using my own made paper ensuring it was slightly smaller than the cardstock, so as to give a narrow border/frame.

I used the chipboard flowers, cut in half and glued on the back as index labels. Then it was just a case of using emebellies to decorate

Flowers - 2 prima flowers, layered and center filled with jewel
Labels - strips of chipboard, covered with gesso, and painted orange.Printed using small Pixie alphabet stamps and stayzon black ink.

Oh and one card I used a sunburst punch to cut out the alphabet on a very old bit of alphabet paper.

No comments: