Sunday, 21 September 2008

Using my computer

I've just finished this LO and am now beginning to understand why being without a laptop to play on, even for a short week, was so distressing to me. It also goes someway to explain why I find crops so difficult.

I simply cant craft without a computer!!!

This LO needed quite of bit of hybrid (as its termed now, I've been using a pc for scrapping since I started way back in 2003). I used a sketch from The Craft Diner (sept week 3 by Mel at A Trip Down Memory Lane) so the first thing I had to do was print out my photos to fit the sketch.


Bazille cardstock
plain chipboard
Dreamweaver stencils opaque embossing paste
yellow sun and summer green cosmic shimmer mica pigments
PP - Autumn Leaves French Twist Petite hibou
s.e.i. Winners walls, fab flora
cherry arte Summer green
k.ology stitches rub on transfers
Basic grey euphoria chip stickers
goodwear flower buttons
chipboard index tag
peewee glitter
free digi kit Beth's through the year July Kit from Lighthouse designs by Beth

To make

Print out two photo, mine are 16cm x 12cm and 10cm x 12cm. place on page with a small gap between the two and add a small bit of the Petite habou to fill the gap.

The corners are made by cutting a small square heof chipboard in half diagonally. Mix some of the two shimmer powders and some of the embossing paste together to get the correct shade and then roughly '' spaste'' the corners. Hand draw swirls onto the summer green paper, and cut out. Cut two of the smaller flowers from the sei paper. Layer over the dry chipboard corners. Sew some floss through the centre of the buttons and glue onto flowers. Add to LO.

Rub the flower transfers up the sides of the photos.
in t
Add chip letters to make the title.

The index chipboard tag had a double sided glue strip on it already but I didnt want to use it in the intended way, so I covered the glue in green pee wee glitter. The word on it was upside down so I used my computer and photoshop to select and fill a small rectangle with colour, add text and print out. I glued that over the original word.

The Journal tag came from the digi kit but was blue, so using variations I changed the colour to fit the LO, added the text and another small photo (converted to b&w) before printing out on cardstock (see why I need my computer so much) and adding to the LO using 3D foam tape.

A bit of ribbon between the two photos pulls it all together.

No comments: